Global leading manufacturer of consumer good products is looking for a Sr. Commodity Buyer LATAM for its operations in its Tijuana, Mexico site.
The Sr. Commodity Buyer will create competitive advantage through the development and implementation of strategies that deliver lowest total cost, ensure continuity of material supply, and build and maintain relationships with assigned Commodity vendors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in the supplier selection and approval process working with the procurement team.
- Identify Mexico based companies to support sourcing strategy.
- Set up 3PL warehouse for suupliers/consignment inventory
- Develop, monitor and manage perfromance of assigned suppliers to achieve service, cost, quality, and asset goals
- Work internally with planning and forecasting groups, as well as, suppliers (where possible) to define and develop appropriate vendor manged inventory levels.
- Work closely with US based Product Development, Marketing, Engineering, Planning and Procurement teams to find and develop Mexico/South America based suppliers.
- Partner with supplier, engineering and marketing in supporting material cost take out projects.
- Forecast, manage, and develop options to offset inflation for local suppliers.
- Will require travel in North America/South America/China as needed/ Need to have proper travel documentation for international travel.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor's degree required - Engineering, operations/supply chain management. (MBA, CPM a plus)
- 10+ years prior buying, purchasing, global sourcing or Engineering/supply chain experience.
- Supplier Quality or plant quality management experience is a plus.
- Well versed in purchasing techniques such as strategic sourcing, supplier selection, developing contrats, supplier management, and supply chain logistics. Asian/China sourcing knowledge is a plus.
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills and solid business acumen.
- Experience leading or supporting procurement, commodity, and supply chain improvement initiatives.
- Results orientes, self-starter, good problem solving skills, and ability to handle multiple initiatives while meeting all deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and work effectively with multiple functions, sites, and suppliers.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills across all levels of the organization.
- Solid analytical skills, and proficiency with Excel and other Microsoft Office software.
- Bilingual - English and Spanish. English fluency is a must (both spoken and written).