Very key position in support of Chemical formulations (EVA/Rubber), chemicals (primer/adhesives), etc. Get on ground level of a growing organization and customer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Utilizes material quality assurance and audit tools to ensure compliance with Brand Chemical Engineering and standard working processes in the related field.
- Works with Quality and Laboratory to study quality defects/claims from client that relate to EVA, Rubber and adhesives and implement corrective actions.
- Trouble shooting of operation and technical problems related to expansion ratio, bonding results and chemical engineering related issues and take corrective actions.
- Provides the technical expertise to ensure compliance of rubber and EVA compounds and adhesive systems, monitors compliance, and modifies formulations as per standards.
- Leads the implementation of new technologies to improve efficiency of bonding, injection/phylon, compression molding, printing and painting processes in collaboration with Mexico and corporate team.
- Engages with engineering teams to understand consumer and business requirements and leads research, experimentation, formulation, testing, and effective transition of compounds, materials, and processes from development to production.
- Management of Chemical Engineering Department through proper planning, leadership, organization and control of all activities within Flex.
- Qualify and validate all new compounds and colors according to MCS (material Control Sheet) and CSS (Components Specification Sheets.
- Liaise with client global chemical engineering, corporate and material suppliers team regarding Lab testing and qualification of EVA and rubber compounds.
- Initiate cost reduction project, process improvement and support lean six sigma and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Ensure accurate expansion and blend ratio calculation of small and large compounds
- Coaching staff, creates opportunities for staff development, makes hiring decisions, drives performance management, recognition and rewards
- Bachelors in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Polymer Science, or other related sub-specialty field.
- Minimum of 5-8 years directly relevant work experience in rubber, EVA and /(CMP) Phylon formulations and compounding, injection and compression molding, adhesives and bonding process and stock fit/assembly operations.
- Knowledge of Laboratory test methods and techniques and able to interpret Lab results.
- Technical or manufacturing in Footwear (athletic sports shoes) experience preferred
- Strong motivational leadership and team building qualities, preferably in research and development and manufacturing environment
- Possess strong understanding in material chemistry, quality and laboratory management and interpretation of Lab results.
- Ability to lead multiple complex projects and prioritize work according to potential impact
- Proficient problem solver with an innate ability to deal with ambiguity
- Must have strong customer focused, collaborative approach to work and give clear direction to team members and effective project and resource management experience with a proactive approach to team specific issues
- Color matching and development in rubber and EVA and other polymers experience preferred