Leading manufacturing company located in Tijuana is seeking for a Director of Quality to be responsible for planning, coordinating and directing activities of the quality department, including but not limited to quality assurance, quality of processes, quality of materials, and finished products. Will also overlook the validations laboratory, supplier quality and quality system.
- Interfaces with customers and represents company as Quality liaison.
- Develops, implements, and coordinates product assurance program to prevent or eliminate defects in new or existing products by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
- Develops initial and subsequent modifications of product assurance program to delineate areas of responsibility, personnel requirements, and operational procedures within program.
- Reviews technical problems and procedures of departments and recommends solutions to problems or changes in procedures.
- Leads quality management team including quality manager, incoming inspection, supplier quality, quality systems compliance, etc.
- Formulates and maintains quality assurance objectives complementary to corporate policies and goals.
- Keeps management team informed of significant issues or developments identified during quality assurance activities.
- Designs and implements quality assurance training programs to key personnel in conjunction with managers.
- Investigates and adjusts customer complaints regarding quality and maintains related database.
- Directs technical and administrative workers engaged in quality assurance activities.
- Plans and conducts the analysis, inspection, design, test, and/or integration to assure product quality.
- Prepares and maintains control plans and revises/audits floor processes, responds to customer’s quality concerns.
- Lead root cause analysis such as 8D and effective resolutions.
- Performs quality engineering reviews of design documentation for compliance with stated requirements, including vendor quality manuals and company quality records.
- Applies statistical process control (SPC), pre-control, disciplined problem solving, Six Sigma, and statistical quality control (SQC) methods for analyzing data to evaluate the current process and process changes.
- Develops new approaches to solve problems identified during quality assurance activities.
- Communicates significant issues or developments identified during quality assurance activities and provides recommended process improvements to management.
- Prepares and presents technical and program information to team members, management, customers and vendors.
- Develops and initiates standards and methods for inspection, testing, and evaluation.
- Devises sampling procedures and designs and develops forms and instructions for recording, evaluating, and reporting quality and reliability data.
- Maintains a working knowledge of government and industry quality assurance standards.
Manages quality team including Quality Manager and quality engineers. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to maintain, document and report objective evaluation of product quality
- Ability to conduct root cause analysis and determine effective resolutions.
- Excellent organizational skills required to maintain detailed documentation and filing of quality records
- Ability to mentor and teach at all levels in the organization
- Ability to present data in effective formats to management, customers, vendors and plant personnel
- Strong project management experience
- Ability to work off hours as needed
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Spanish.
- Strong problem solving techniques
- Ability to perform SPC and SQC
- Strong working knowledge of TS 16949 (TS-16949)
- Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing training and experience preferred
- Experience in a leadership decision making role
- Extensive problem solving experience utilizing various tools such as 8D, APQP, Control Plans, PFMEA, etc.
- Experience in a Managerial role for at least 10 years, and 5 within an automotive manufacturing operation.
- Hands-on shop floor Quality Management
- Preferred knowledge and experience in VDA Certification
- Education and/or Experience: B.S. in Engineering and a minimum of fifteen years related experience. Master’s Degree preferred.