Our client is a world class manufacturing global leader in consumer products who is currently seeking a DIRECTOR OF ENGINEERING with a solid consumer goods manufacturing background. The ideal candidate will have solid Engineering knowledge of athletic footwear, specifically Bottoms (EVA mid-soles, rubber out-soles, molding, stabilization, stock-fitting, etc.) and will be leading product launches in one of the world largest and most prestigious contract manufacturers with a state-of-the-art operation.
- Managing a growing Engineering team, comprised of Product, Process, Molding, & Chemical Engineer’s
- Potentially managing a design team that designs footwear mid-sole molds (using E/R calculations), tools, jigs, etc. for each new model and build.
- Overseeing the Engineering of entire Bottoms factory, from day to day support activities, to managing an Engineering NPI team in support of bringing on new models/seasons every 3 months, factory layout, etc.
- Equipment definition, process definition, factory layout, yield Improvement activities, automation, innovation, etc.
- Responsible for bringing in new Bottoms Technologies and associated equipment, working closely with the End Customer and Flex’s Corporate team
- Key will be Innovation, Automation, and developing new ways of make
- Building and teaching footwear Bottoms “tribal knowledge” into the Flex Bottoms community
- Responsible for participation in Innovation projects, and communicating with Client on key Engineering initiatives
- Career path rapidly growing & scaling with a new footwear business from the ground floor.
- Expert Engineering knowledge of athletic footwear, specifically Bottoms (EVA mid-soles, rubber out-soles, molding, stabilization, stock-fitting, etc.)
- Minimum of 10-15 years’ experience in footwear Bottoms & related product. (We really need both the Engineering bench-strength and leadership skills)
- EVA and Compounding knowledge & background (this is the actual making of the EVA compounded pellets) – Desirable
- EVA Molding experience ... setup & running machine, molding parameters, understanding of EVA molds vs. final product characteristics - Required
- Additional experience in footwear primers, adhesives, chemicals, bonding, stock-fitting- Highly desirable
- Strong track record of accomplishments in Engineering Mgmt and Leadership in athletic/performance footwear.
- Analytical thinker, being able to quickly and efficiently solve complex problems affecting equipment, process, etc.
- Management experience, including management of commercialization project(s) and/ or project teams.
- Solid business management and product management skills.
- Thorough computer literacy knowledge and be proficient 3D Modeling, MS Word, Excel and Power Point/ Key Note.
- Four year Undergraduate degree in industrial, Mechanical, Chemical Engineering, or any Other related Engineering discipline
- Strong Leadership & communication skills, including ability to speak & read/write both Spanish and English fluently
- This position will be a very important part of the Bottoms Leadership team, as the Engineering Director, managing a rapidly growing Bottoms facility in support of a Footwear Customer that’s #1 in the Market today.