Business Unit Manager
Our client is a global leading manufacturing company who seeks a seasoned and qualified Business Unit Manager for its Tijuana – Mexico Operation.
Responsible for multiple manufacturing departments in a facility which includes:
- Ensuring safety is part of our culture by making safety audits, safety communications, safety expectations, ergonomics and awareness a top priority.
- Effective leadership of multiple supervisors and all factory associates that report to their leadership team.
- Provide managerial support/direction to manufacturing areas on a daily basis.
- Review all capital expenditure requests and monitor their compliance with both budget and ROI.
- Establish and monitor performance goals and assure they are being met.
- Review financial information/reports and direct cause/effect actions in operations.
- Train, coach, mentor, motivate and develop their leadership team.
- Assist/lead the development and implementation of operational initiatives and objectives.
- Participate in establishing budgets and forecast/capacity planning.
- Associate engagement. Ensuring Q&S (Teaming, Total Training Plan, Total Quality) 5s and BEx Action Planning are part of everyday operations.
- Practice good informing skills to keep plant manager and others updated on key issues.
Will participate as a representative of the management team in:
- Representing the facility at external meetings and conferences.
- Working with vendors on quality and cost reduction issues.
- Customer service liaison for high level customer issues.
- Working with senior management to ensure initiatives are aligned with company objectives.
- Participating in strategic planning activities.
Requirements Education and Experience
- Minimum - Bachelor's/4-year degree; 4-7 years relevant experience.
- Experience must include - developing new manufacturing processes and/or transferring manufacturing processes from one facility to another.
- Work experience should demonstrate career progression.
- Must be a very hands-on person with experience in APQP and set-up of new production lines.
- Must have Project Management Experience and Continuous Improvement skills.
- Related experience and educational qualifications considered,
- Must be Fluent in Spanish and English.
- Prefer experience in budgeting,
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must be able to lead, coach, delegate and facilitate the work of others
- Must have clear, concise communication skills; verbal and written
- Strong skills in strategic planning, operational planning, organization and evaluation skills
- Team building skills
- Training and development skills
Ability to maintain open, flexible and supportive role with associates and management