The purpose of the Business Development Manager position will be to grow the Central and South American market. The BDM will plan, administer, prospect, control and organize a strategy to meet and exceed profitable sales and earnings objectives. The position will also be responsible for developing and implementing specific regional strategic plans to support annual and long-range plan objectives. The Business Development Manager will provide leadership to sales representatives and across the organization through collaboration, credibility and accountability. In addition, this position is expected to develop highly proficient sales representatives by building the skills and talents of representatives through coaching, mentoring and the effective use of personal development plans.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct on-going market analysis by obtaining intelligence through multiple sources such as sales team, customers and trade focus. Develop and implement regional strategies. Translate corporate objectives into regional and territory sales plans. Recognize trends, create strategies and develop regional vision to increase sales and obtain market share.
- Deliver and execute comprehensive, analytical, fact-based plans to deliver market share and sales. Identify regional needs and tastes for company’s products which must be communicated to the corporate office to modify or develop new products for the market.
- Lead the regional sales representatives by building credibility within the organization as well as with outside stakeholders. Drive accountability for plans and actions that build the brand and representatives within the selling region. Proactively provide feedback and recommendations to other functions such as marketing, distribution and engineering.
- Actively collaborate with these functions to ensure coordination with strategic regional selling plans.
- Achieve annual revenue and margin plans. Create and manage budgets (expense, co-op and promotions) to annual plan.
- Establish and maintain top level contact with the management of existing and potential customers, dealers and/or distributors. Measure and monitor the effectiveness of all programs implemented &managed for all channels. This includes pricing, distributor/dealer programs, product introductions, &management of channel conflict.
- Other duties and responsibilities as required.
- Bachelor's degree in sales, marketing or related discipline required.
- At least 5 years industrial sales experience with documented examples of closing targeted customers and/or projects.
- English required and Spanish required, Portuguese desirable.
- Must possess strong computer skills with an ability to learn new systems and tools quickly.
- Demonstrated history of success in growing a territory.
- 5+ years of successful territory management experience leading independent distributors and reps.
- Organized, disciplined and a self-starter.
- Engineering background desirable.
- Flexible team player with ability to multi-task, function in a fast-paced environment under significant time pressure and successfully meet deadlines.
- Must have a strong business acumen, leadership skills, negotiation skills, conceptual and analytical skills, and interpersonal effectiveness.
- Ability to travel up to 75%.