Our client is a major packaging & printing solutions provider with a focus on the health & beauty, Cosmetic & fragance, hair color, health care, beverage spirits (liquor), and personal care sector. Depending on where the ideal candidate is based, the Sales Account Executive will manage and grow a major territory in Mexico (ie. Bajio - Guadalajara, Leon, Queretaro, Central Mexico - Mexico City, Puebla, Toluca, or Northeast - Monterrey, Saltillo, Reynosa Torreon, or Northwest Mexico) and will evaluate the market, find suitable opportunities, call on the opportunities and develop work for the company.
Essential Job Functions:
- Evaluates the market place and identify new business opportunities.
- Responds to Requests for Proposal and submit to customers. Obtains new orders for current customers. Coordinates with Plant Management correct pricing and production schedules.
- Places orders through Correspondents and verify accuracy. Follows-up with open items and order changes.
- Maintains a healthy relationship with existing customers to promote continued business.
- Supervises and monitors the activities of Sales Correspondent or Sales Assistant.
- Hires, trains, mentors, disciplines and terminates direct staff.
- Serves as liaison between customer and finance on credit issues.
- Maintains confidential data including but not limited to: customer proposals, contracts, pricing structures and promotional items.
- Communicates with management regarding account issues and provide solutions.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university in Business, Finance, Marketing or Communications preferred.
- Minimum 3 - 5 years’ experience in comparable field in Mexico like packaging, printing. Sales experience to the health & beauty sector, food and beverage, spirits, personal care, consumer products is highly desirable.
- Able to deliver professional sales presentations to key decision makers.
- Must have intermediate computer skills (email, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheets, graphics, etc.).
- Ability to stay on top of the latest Market changes that impact the selected accounts.
- Excellent interpersonal skills - The ability to handle difficult customers and maintain a positive professional outlook. The ability to influence customers and others in the organization to obtain desired production results.
- Excellent Communication Skills - Possess command of the English language, and preferably a second language, both verbally and written form. The ability to communicate ideas in a concise and direct manner.
- Excellent Organization Skills -The ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment without losing sight of long and short-term company goals. Being able to prioritize the daily and weekly tasks of staff and self to maximize customer satisfaction.
- Attention to detail - Stay on top of customer needs and requirements. Be proficient in the steps to prepare, submit and close “Requests for Proposals”.
- Ability to deal with moderate stress levels from the pressure of deadlines and daily dealings with demanding customers and production managers.
- Ability to travel (over 50%)and work overtime.
- Must be reliable and dependable
- Able to work from a home based office.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.